Check out this event from SSWUG:
We’re working to bring you real-world information about how to get started with SQL Server 2008, tips about new features and functionality and much more. Stephen Wynkoop, Chris Shaw, Jason Strate have joined together to present key sessions to get you started.
- Introductory comments: Stephen Wynkoop. Find out about upcoming releases of SQL Server, how the release cycles work and other tidbits.
- SQL Server 2008 Features Overview: Chris Shaw. In this session, find out about what features are coming, how they apply to your work and thoughts on the application of the new features.
- What’s New in SSIS 2008: Jason Strate. Learn about new features, functionality and tips for the new SQL Server Integration Services for SQL Server 2008.
- Interview: Stephen Wynkoop, Jason Strate. Thoughts about features, functionality, what may be coming, implementation thoughts and more.
- Closing Thoughts: Stephen Wynkoop. Some directions to go to start learning, finding out about more features, getting started with your own installation, test and use of SQL Server 2008.
This event is open to everyone at no cost.
Friday, October 24 2008, beginning at 9:00AM PST.