There were some questions last night at the PASS MN user group meeting last night about the resource governor. There must be some psychics working over at Microsoft because it seems just this morning a whitepaper came out on it.
Some highlights from the whitepaper from the whitepaper include (from the download page):
- How the Resource Governor works, including limitations and best practices.
- Methods for building a consolidation plan, and testing those methods.
- Techniques for preventing runaway queries, or at least minimizing their impact.
- Approaches to meeting service level agreements (SLAs) driven by response time and concurrency.
- Basic ideas about implementing a chargeback system to recover resource costs.
- Ways to monitor SQL Server using new Resource Governor functionality.