Figured since I helped write the meeting announcement and newsletter for PASSMN this month that I’d just copy most of the details. Since last month we’ve moved from our old host to a new host, so the RSVP/registration process has changed a bit. Hopefully, there aren’t any hurdles but if so please contact me and I’ll help anyone that needs to get registered.
Location: 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th Floor, Bloomington, MN 55437
Date: January 19, 2010
Sarita Garg, United Health Group
This session will answer some of the following questions about new state of the art technology SQL Azure from Microsoft
- What is SQL Azure?
- Why to use it?
- How does it work?
- How the pricing and licensing will work?
- Role of DBAs, Developers with SQL Azure
- Future of SQL Azure
SQL Server 2008 R2
Jin Cho and Lara Rubbelke, Microsoft
Some of the details are still being flushed out on this presentations, but this will be covering the items below with some demos of these features.
- Overview/Highlight of SQL Server 2008 R2 (new features)
- PowerPivot – Excel Add-in, deployment to SharePoint, IT Management
- Beginning with the January 2010 meeting, you will now be able to join monthly meetings virtually through Live Meeting. This is a great opportunity to stay connected that has been provided to us by PASS.
PASS Summit 2010
- Registration for PASS Summit 2010 is now open. Register for only $995 until Jan 15. Tap into your 2009 or 2010 training budgets to take advantage of the lowest rate for PASS Summit.