Happy holidays and seasons greetings!
Let PASSMN put a little SQL and PowerShell in your stocking this week. On Tuesday, Minnesota’s new PowerShell user group and PASSMN will be having a combined meeting.
The topic will, of course, cover both PowerShell and SQL Server. The details are all below:
December Meeting Details
Date and Time:
- December 14, 2010, 5:00 PM CST
- 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th Floor, Bloomington, MN 55437 (map)
- URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=SF7SNR&role=attend&pw=h%5DpF6%3Ch8q
- Meeting ID: SF7SNR
- Entry Code: h]pF6<h8q
- 5:00 –5:15 : Announcements
- 5:15 –5:25 : Sponsor
- 5:25 –6:45 : PRACTICAL POWERSHELL & SQL (Nick)
- 6:45 –7:00 : Survey Collection and Giveaways
PRACTICAL POWERSHELL & SQL
Powershell a new command-line/scripting environment from Microsoft, that developers to administrators alike can use to automate tasks. PowerShell is a command line utility in a GUI world and that tends to frightened many. If you’re still hesitant to dive into PowerShell, you’re not alone. But rest assured a lot of the examples we will go over are easy and practical. We will start out with the PowerShell basics then dive deeper into scripting out objects and finally move into advance scripts.
Nick Weber is a IT Professional with over 14 year of experience. That time was spent in messaging, network, SAN storage, virtualization and database administration. Currently a Senior Production DBA but still keeps his hands dirty with all IT’s dark arts.