The second round of #meme15 finished up last week and it’s time to see who participated. In total, there were fifteen people that participated in the event. If I’ve missed anyone, just leave a comment here and I’ll update this post.
As a refresher, #meme15 is dedicated to discussing and sharing tips and tricks for blogging and using social media. This can be from a personal or professional standpoint. The intent is that through these posts by myself and others will provide some insight into how to succeed in these areas. This month’s writing assignment was:
- Why should average Jane or Joe professional consider using twitter?
- What benefit have you seen in your career because of twitter?
Here we go with all of the posts, in pretty much the order I read them:
- #MEME15 – WHY THE TWITTER? - Thomas LaRock (Blog | @SQLRockstar) – Thomas starts out by explaining how you don’t just get him, but you get his network.
- #meme15 – Use. Twitter. Why? - Sam Vanga (Blog | @SamuelVanga) – Sam discusses how twitter helps him connect his blog to a larger community and to interact with professionals that he admires.
- January #Meme15 Assignment – Twitter, the Blog, taking over the universe – Ted Krueger (Blog | @Onpnt) – Ted talks about how his career is centered around twitter, even as a DBA and a consultant.
- Connect The Tweeps – Tracy McKibben (Blog | @realsqlguy) – Tracy starts by discussing how he avoided twitter and how joining has provided him with some initiative and brought new found energy and excitement into his career.
- Why Twitter? My Top 5 Reasons to Join In #Meme15 - Stacia Misner (Blog | @StaciaMisner) – From friends to networking to laughing, Stacia goes over the five things she gets out of twitter.
- #Meme15 Assignment 2: All A’Twitter – SoftArtisans (Blog | @SoftArtisans) – Inspired by Stacia, Claire from SoftArtisans posted on the three main reason why everyone should join twitter.
- The Twitters – Matt Velic (Blog | @mvelic) – For Matt, twitter is about the conversations that it opens up.
- Twitter and You - John Samson (Blog | @JohnSansom) – John talks about the value and twitter and what he finds in it.
- Twitter is My Sarcasm Spit Valve - Tim Ford’s (Blog | @sqlagentman) – Tim manages to discuss twitter and it’s value with a great reference to Lindsay Lohan.
- Twitter, John, Building a Blog and #MEME15 – Gethyn Ellis (Blog | @sqlgre) – In this post, Gethyn talks about some how some of the tips for ProBlogger can be tied into twitter.
- Twitter and Your Career - Jason Brimhall (Blog | @sqlrnnr) – Jason digs into how twitter can help you out when you have a problem.
- Twitter – #Meme15 - Gareth Swanepoel (Blog | @GarethSwan) – For Gareth twitter is a place to get together with his like-minded peers.
- The Value of Twitter #meme15 – We’ll wrap up the round up with my post. Likely if you’ve read this post, you’ve read mine already so I’ll skip the summary.
Take some time and read through what the bloggers here have had to say about twitter. If you aren’t on it yet, it’s definitely time to get in on the fun and start growing your career. If you are, take a look to see if there are other ways you can leverage twitter in your career.