The August round of #meme15 finished up last week with a good number of people participating. The aim of the posts this month was to give people an opportunity to think about their job and consider what it is that they like about it. It’s easy at times to complain about the things that go wrong, and it might look greener somewhere else. But usually with a little contemplation, we will find that it is pretty good where we are.
The question for this month’s writing assignment was:
What are 5 (or 10) reasons why you like your job?
In total, there seven people that participated in this month’s meme. Here we go with all of the posts, in pretty much the order I read them:
- Kevin Conan (blog | @ConanTheCdn) – #Meme15 – Why I love my job
- Matthew Velic (blog | @mvelic) – 5 REASONS I LOVE MY JOB
- Steve Hughes (blog | @DataOnWheels) – #meme15: Reasons I Like My Job
- Jennifer Salvo (blog | @JMSalvo) – Meme15: Top 5 Reasons I Like My Job
- Mike Donnelly (blog | @SQLMD) – Glass Half Full
- Jason Strate (blog | @StrateSQL) – Why I Like My Job – #Meme15
Take some time and read through what the bloggers here have had to say about their jobs and why they like, or love them. There are some common themes on flexibility, variety, and the value of your co-workers. Take some time to think about their posts, and think about what Ferris Bueller once said,
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
It may not seem to apply, but it does. Sometimes we can get so caught up in what’s going on that we can forget that we’ve got a pretty good thing going on. We just need to just take notice and enjoy it.
Of course, if I’ve missed anyone, just leave a comment here and I’ll update this post. What do you think of your job? Anything that you didn’t see anyone cover that you enjoy at your job?