For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
The most popular item tweeted out last week had nothing to do with SQL Server, but it is seriously cool. I would really love to get my hands on one of the cameras for a night at SQL Karaoke… the video might actually be steady then.
“This New Camera Stabilizer Could Change Cinematography Forever” bit.ly/Z6rQYl <– I want one of these cameras.
— Jason Strate (@StrateSQL) April 15, 2013
Last week’s top 10 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top ten items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week:
- Treat Criticism Like Spam Email | Brent Ozar [22 clicks]
- Tracking SQL Server Database Usage [21 clicks]
- Extended Events did it again: monitoring Stored Procedures performance [19 clicks]
- Administering SQL Server 2012 Running On Windows Server Core [17 clicks]
- Hidden Tricks To SQL Server Table Cleanup [17 clicks]
- A TOP Query [17 clicks]
- SQL Server: Security Practices and Checklist [15 clicks]
- Dissecting SQL Server physical reads with Extended Events and Process monitor [15 clicks]
- Traversing the Facebook Graph using Data Explorer [11 clicks]
- Conquer the 3 Most Common Career Fears [11 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting (and a couple are pretty gross).
- This New Camera Stabilizer Could Change Cinematography Forever [63 clicks]
- DIY Alcoholic Dippin’ Dots: The Hangover of the Future [20 clicks]
- Ten classic games you can actually beat, but probably won’t [17 clicks]
- The Day I Forgot How to Use a Book [15 clicks]
- New Study Finds Americans Need 6 Hours Of Sleep At Work [15 clicks]
- Pac-Man and Dig Dug – Kill Screen [12 clicks]
- The Holy Fett [8 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.